People & Culture Manager
- Full Time Role, Hobart - Tasmania Location
- Lead our team of in-house specialists to drive employee engagement
- Continued growth and development opportunities as Mona expands.
Mona is comprised of a group of dynamic, talented individuals. Creators. Risk takers. Industry leaders and innovators. And here's where you come in…
We have big plans for Mona and are seeking an experienced People and Culture Manager to continue to drive positive engagement initiatives during the next stage of growth (which, just quietly, includes a 5-star hotel, conference centre, theatre, mega-library, experimental health spa and the world's weirdest caravan park).
As a member of Mona's senior leadership team, this role will see you working across a range of diverse industries (we're talking hospitality, art & curatorial, wine and beer production, music, festivals, support services etc), all striving to deliver a customer experience like no other.
Your main focus areas will be:
- Provide strategic advice to management on workforce strategy, talent management, culture, diversity and leadership
- Create and lead change management and staff engagement initiatives to support a period of rapid growth (and site disruption!)
- Promote and facilitate a culture of positivity and high performance, partnering with department leaders to manage all employee relations matters
- Provide advice and support to managers, supervisors and employees in relation to appropriate workplace behaviours, grievance and conflict resolution, team building and morale
- Lead, motivate and mentor members of the People & Culture team
- Ensure ongoing compliance with legislative standards
- Continue to build on trusted relationships with other departments and reinforce the role of human resources as a strategic partner to the business.
You’ll also have oversight of Workplace Health & Safety, Workers Compensation, Recruitment, Induction, Training and Development (you get the idea …!), leading an all star team of in-house specialists.
Without a doubt you're a forward thinking and authentic leader who leads by example and inspires your team to create and drive innovation. Your proven management experience will enable you to seize the opportunity to contribute to our workplace culture and keep the ship steady through a period of development and change.
What you bring to the role:
- Experience applying human resources skills and knowledge at a senior management level across multiple and varying industries and occupations
- Strong current knowledge and practical experience applying Australian workplace relations and anti-discrimination laws, including experience working with modern awards
- Sound working knowledge of relevant workplace health and safety and workers compensation systems, to proficiently lead a small team of in-house specialists
- Experience driving staff engagement through a period of site disruption and change
So if you feel like joining one of the most dynamic, creative, risk-taking startups in the world, while simultaneously hitting the lifestyle reset button in sunny Hobart, we'd love to hear from you!
Please submit your application addressing why you're the best fit for the role via www.mona.net.au/mona/employment. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
Applications close Wednesday 6 June 2018.