Launceston (St Matthias Vineyard)
Moorilla is on the lookout for an experienced Viticulturist/Vineyard Manager to join the team and take a lead role at our St Matthias vineyard on the Tamar River, fifteen kilometres north of Launceston. In this hands-on role, you'll be responsible for all aspects of coordinating the daily operations of the vineyard. You'll also have an opportunity to use your knowledge to contribute to the operations at our Moorilla and Domaine A vineyards.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to progress their career with a growing company and there will be a vehicle and accommodation package available for the right candidate.
Ready to sink your teeth in?
- Your priority will be managing all operational requirements of the St Matthias vineyard.
- This includes all aspects of pest and disease control, canopy management, irrigation management and overseeing harvest operations.
- You'll also lead a team of employees and will take responsibility for staff training and work prioritisation.
- You're also going to maintain the vineyard's equipment, including scheduled maintenance of machinery and replacement purchases when required.
- You'll also work with key members of the Mona Finance cluster as you develop and take responsibility for the annual operational budgets.
- Our operations include two other vineyards in the south of Tasmania and you'll provide viticultural advice to management at these vineyards and oversee our vineyard sustainability program.
- And you'll champion safe work practices in all areas of your work, acting as a role model for the staff under your supervision.
- You have completed a degree in viticulture
- You've gained considerable experience working on and within vineyards and have the motivation to take a leadership role in a growing organisation.
- You have strong communication skills and will be capable of consistently engaging with colleagues who are based in different geographical locations.
- You're experienced in staff management and ensuring their activities follow safe process and procedure
- You're a results oriented individual and have the drive to achieve your objectives.
- You enjoy working outdoors and you're fit and capable of working alongside casual vineyard staff for any and all vineyard operations.
Does this sound like you? Let's talk. Please submit your application (specifically addressing why you're a great fit for this role) at https://mona.net.au/connect/employment.