Mona, Tasmania’s Museum of Old and New Art, is on the hunt for exceptional and experienced kitchen talent!
We take our food pretty seriously here. From fine dining in The Source Restaurant to fire walls in the Heavy Metal Kitchen. From grazing plates in the Wine Bar to house-baked croissants in the Cafe. From bespoke fare in Functions, to our latest fancy restaurant "Faro". We focus on high-quality local produce, contemporary and (mostly) uncomplicated cuisines that consistently exceed the expectations of our guests.
With this in mind, we are in need of two experienced Commis Chefs to complete our team. This role is premised on diversity, working across all of our amazing venues, with a strong focus on working in the Functions team and kitchen.
- Work with the wider Kitchen team to ensure food standards are maintained to meet guest expectations
- Demonstrate preparation and cooking techniques, monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Ensure appropriate stock rotation, control and monitor stock levels
- Follow and demonstrate established guidelines for food safety
- Assist and guide new staff in aspects of kitchen presentation and operations, including maintenance, mise en place and service
- Demonstrate respect for Work Health & Safety procedures
- Completed trade certificate in cookery
- Significant experience in a commercial cookery environment, particularly in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Experience in kitchen operations of a similar size
- A passion for food and hospitality
- Ability to adapt to a regularly changing environment and maintain high standards when under pressure
- An understanding of safe work practices with a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment
- Flexible with availability, including weekends, evenings and public holidays
Our quality, high-end venues deserve quality, high-end staff. If you’ve got the experience, drive, and attention-to-detail that we need, then apply now!