DARK MOFO 2019 - Casual Chefs
Dark Mofo Chefs
The Dark Mofo kitchen team are seeking passionate, energetic and skilled casual chefs to join them at this year's Winter Feast.
This role is not for the faint-hearted...
Think action-packed, crowds, banquets, firepits, gluttony, culinary delights, bold flavours, and wintery vibes.
Couple all of this with the unique energy which is felt around Hobart during Dark Mofo, and you've got yourself a pretty special opportunity!
It is essential when applying for this role that you are a fast learner who is adaptable, efficient and confident in a range of commercial kitchen spaces. We need someone who is prepared for everything and anything.
As well as our Winter Feast roles we may also have some opportunities on-site at Mona over the festival dates, assisting with special events within the functions space.
- Work with the kitchen team to ensure food standards are maintained to meet guest expectations
- Demonstrate preparation and cooking techniques, monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Ensure appropriate stock rotation, monitor stock levels
- Follow and demonstrate established guidelines for food safety
- Demonstrate respect for Work Health & Safety procedures
- Significant experience in a commercial cookery environment, with experience in a high-volume functions environment preferable
- Self-motivated in your work with strong attention to detail
- A passion for food, taking pride in your profession
- Ability to adapt, show resilience and maintain high standards when under pressure
- An understanding of safe work practices with a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment
- Awareness of customer interaction and professionalism
Get in touch if you are keen to be part of this amazing opportunity and are able to commit to working a flexible roster from June 10th until June 23rd 2019.
Applications close Friday 24th May 2019.