Mona, the Museum of Old and New Art is many things. Exploratory. Overwhelming. Interesting. Puzzling. An enigma.
We also take our food pretty seriously. We focus on high-quality local produce, contemporary and (mostly) uncomplicated cuisines that consistently exceed the expectations of our guests across a multitude of venues.
With this in mind, we are in need of an exceptional and experienced Sous Chef to join our kitchen team.
The experience you bring to this role will see you working across all kitchens within the Mona collective, with a particular focus on the Functions and Wine Bar venues.
You will work with regularly changing menus which highlight the freshest local produce while demonstrating leadership in and delivering an outstanding dining experience for all our guests. You'll also be looking to continually improve your knowledge and try new things, whilst mentoring the team around you.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, unique work environment where your creative ideas can flourish, we'd love to hear from you.
- Work with the Head Chef and Executive Chef to create individual and exceptional culinary experiences for all guests
- Demonstrate a range of cooking techniques, monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Confident in organising and executing a diverse scope of events and functions
- Lead and motivate staff in all aspects of kitchen operations and presentation
- Stock management and control
- Kitchen presentation and asset management
- Lead and demonstrate respect for food safety guidelines and Work Health & Safety procedures
- Flexible with your availability to work over a 7-day rotating roster, including evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Significant leadership experience in a commercial cookery environment
- Proven experience in kitchen operations of a similar size to Mona
- A passion for food and a willingness to express creativity in cooking
- Exhibited pride in your profession as well as confidence in supporting and teaching others
- Ability to adapt to a regularly changing environment and maintain high standards when under pressure
- An understanding of safe work practices with a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment
- Completed trade certificate in cookery
If you are up for the challenge of this incredible opportunity, please get in touch as soon as possible!
Applications close on Friday 31st May 2019.