Mona, Tasmania’s Museum of Old and New Art, is on the hunt for an experienced Pastry Chef to join us in supporting the already extraordinary Pastry team with ongoing success. Our focus of creating naughty, indulgent sweets and treats that consistently exceed the expectations of our guests is paramount.
We are in need of a talented and qualified Pastry Chef who is looking to step up and continue their development within a thriving, unique working environment.
The role would see you being responsible for the overall production of the highest quality contemporary pastries and desserts for Mona's diverse estate including our restaurant, cafe, wine bar and functions space. In this hands-on role, you will be across all things 'Pastry' but we also want you to push the boundaries and look to develop new products, motivate and guide the team around you.
What can we do for you, you ask? We can give you an opportunity to be part of a bold and evolutionary domain, learning from the best and excelling in your career.
- Work alongside our Executive Chef Vince Trim, to ensure pastry standards are maintained to meet guest expectations
- Supervise and support the team in aspects of pastry production, presentation and operations
- Demonstrate strong skills and knowledge in pastry preparation and cooking techniques
- Ensure appropriate stock rotation, monitor stock levels and assist with food costing and control
- Operate safely within a dynamic, high volume kitchen environment while adhering to Food, Health and Safety guidelines
- Be part of the Mona team with opportunities to progress
- Flexibility to work across weekends and public holidays
- Salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications
- Experience in multiple aspects of patisserie and pastry production in a high volume commercial kitchen
- A passion for food and a willingness to express creativity in cooking
- Curiosity for learning and an ability to motivate and support the team around you
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-quality kitchen operation with the guest experience being a prime focus
- Work well within a team, as well as independently
- Ability to adapt to a regularly changing environment and maintain high standards when under pressure
- An understanding of safe work practices with a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment
Does this sound like you? Are you a Pastry God? Then we’d love to get to know you.
Applications close Sunday 2nd June 2019