The Restaurants at Mona operate under the leadership of Executive Chef, Vince Trim. The Head Chef will lead the operational management of a kitchen team while focussing on utilising the best of Tasmania’s produce to deliver an exceptional culinary experience. We have several developments in the works, so, with the support of your peers, you'll need to have the experience and know-how to implement process improvements to get us future-ready. We need a genuine leader with drive, motivation and experience to assume full responsibility. Our team strives for excellence in product and guest experience, and we need someone to maintain and build on our success.
- Work with the Executive Chef to create and implement innovative new menus
- Responsibility for quality control, maintaining consistently high standards of product
- Facilitation of smooth & well managed service periods with the aim of delivering a memorable dining experience
- Management, guidance & development of all kitchen staff across service & non-service periods
- Responsible ordering and stock management, minimising food costs and wastage
- Management of valuable supplier relationships
- Responsibility for kitchen presentation and asset management.
- Rostering of staff and timesheet management
- Weekends and public holidays required
- Significant experience in a similar leadership role.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Significant experience in driving, motivating and developing teams.
- A confident and creative cooking style with a strong emphasis on quality and presentation
- Passionate about quality produce and food hygiene
- Calm and professional personality, thriving under pressure
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Apply now at http://mona.applynow.net.au/jobs/MONA
Applications will be processed as they are received.